“To live lightheartedly but not recklessly; to be gay without being boisterous; to be courageous without being bold; to show trust and cheerful resignation without fatalism - this is the art of living”
This is from one of my very favorite books
"The Art of Living" by Epictetus
It has taught me how to simplify my life. to treat people with kindness and respect *even if I think they don't deserve it. That's sometimes the hard part. It's so easy to say, not always as easy to do. It's not even like I have a hard time being nice to people, I actually LOVE people. and enjoy making friends. However, when I have been mistreated, judged or wronged in some way by these "friends", sometimes it takes a little extra brain coaxing to not treat people the way we sometimes think they deserve to be treated, am I right?
This book teaches little tricks* (you can't even call them tricks, it's just honest ways of thinking and acting.) to help one become the best person they can be, not necessarily
THE BEST.
Do me a flavor, wouldja?? borrow a friend's copy, buy it at the bookstore, check it out from the library maybe? however it happens, please read this book. :) You'll be a happier you, and maybe even a slightly better you.
AHCAN I GET AN AMEN!?!?!
This is from one of my very favorite books
"The Art of Living" by Epictetus
It has taught me how to simplify my life. to treat people with kindness and respect *even if I think they don't deserve it. That's sometimes the hard part. It's so easy to say, not always as easy to do. It's not even like I have a hard time being nice to people, I actually LOVE people. and enjoy making friends. However, when I have been mistreated, judged or wronged in some way by these "friends", sometimes it takes a little extra brain coaxing to not treat people the way we sometimes think they deserve to be treated, am I right?
This book teaches little tricks* (you can't even call them tricks, it's just honest ways of thinking and acting.) to help one become the best person they can be, not necessarily
THE BEST.
Do me a flavor, wouldja?? borrow a friend's copy, buy it at the bookstore, check it out from the library maybe? however it happens, please read this book. :) You'll be a happier you, and maybe even a slightly better you.
AHCAN I GET AN AMEN!?!?!

Comments